Iowa Bandmasters Conference
Our annual conference provides an outstanding professional learning opportunity... A great time to connect and network with colleagues and hear some wonderful music!
We participate in the IAAE Arts Mentor Program serving beginning band directors with mentors.
Our retired directors are active participants in our organization... Providing mentoring and leadership.
JUNIOR HIGH/MIDDLE SCHOOL AFFAIRS
JUNIOR HIGH/MIDDLE SCHOOL AFFAIRS CHAIR
(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee) (updated 11/2017)
1. Schedule and prepare an agenda for the spring meeting at the IBA Conference. A fall meeting shall be scheduled if needed, electronically if possible. Committee members will be reimbursed mileage by the IBA. It is suggested that members use school vehicles when possible to avoid expenses.
2. Communicate pertinent information to committee district chairs
3. Prepare reports for quarterly IBA meetings
COMMITTEE MEMBERS (DISTRICT CHAIRS)
1. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3-year term. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
2. Duties as assigned by All Iowa 8th Grade Honor Band Chair
3. Facilitate selection of All Iowa 8th Grade Honor Band participants for respective districts
ALL IOWA 8TH GRADE HONOR BAND CHAIR
(appointed from the committee - may or may not be combined position with MS Affairs Chair)
1. Organize selection and ordering of the IBA Honor Band music and contract a guest composer/conductor for the IBA Honor Band with input from the committee.
2. Organize the music and folders for the IBA Honor Band.
• Send music and folders to district representatives for distribution to Honor
• Collect and organize Honor Band member information from committee
• Prepare information letters for Honor Band members.
3. Oversee arrangements with the guest composer/conductor regarding the following:
• Selection of music.
• Preparation of commissioned work.
• Travel, hotel, and meal arrangements (coordinate this with the IBA President).
• Receive Board of Directors approval when entering into negotiations with guest composer/conductor.
4. Oversee final arrangements for the Honor Band performance at the IBA Conference including:
• Correspond with the IBA Equipment Chair regarding equipment needs.
• Oversee printing of programs for the Honor Band Concert.
• Oversee printing of certificates for the Honor Band members. Chair the Honor Band Concert.
• Chair the clinic given by the guest composer/conductor (when possible).
5. Submit annual financial report to the Board of Directors at the summer business meeting.
6. Submit pertinent information to MS Affairs chair (if applicable) to include in IBA reports