(appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee)
1. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.
2. Schedule and prepare an agenda for at least 2 meetings of the IBA Technology Affairs committee (All-State Music Festival and IBA Conference are recommended).
3. Committee members will be reimbursed mileage by the IBA. It is suggested that members use school vehicles when possible to avoid expenses.
4. Share ideas with the current IBA president-elect for topics/clinics that would be beneficial to directors at the IBA Conference.
MISSION STATEMENT - TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
The mission of the IBA Technology Committee is to enhance the capacity of band directors in Iowa to use technology for the purpose of advancing high student achievement, and the development and use of 21st century skills (Iowa Core Curriculum).
The goals of the IBA Technology Committee are:
• to provide support to band directors by enhancing their band programs with technology
• define what technology issues affect band directors
• provide curriculum and communication based professional development, tutorials, presentations, and other support
• research the newest technologies and keep band directors up to date through electronic communication and the IBA Magazine
• review technology issues to keep information fresh while maintaining support for ongoing projects
• maintain a statewide resource list of individuals willing to assist other directors in incorporating technology into their program
5. Develop ideas and concepts that will benefit music education and the use of technology
6. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3 year term
7. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
- << Prev