JUNIOR HIGH/MIDDLE SCHOOL AFFAIRS
JUNIOR HIGH/MIDDLE SCHOOL AFFAIRS CHAIR
(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee)
1. Schedule and prepare an agenda for at least 2 meetings of the IBA Junior High/MiddleSchool Affairs Committee. Committee members will be reimbursed mileage by the IBA. It is suggested that members use school vehicles when possible to avoid expenses.
2. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3-year term. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
The Iowa Bandmaster's Association Middle School affairs committee is dedicated to providing the leadership necessary to support and strengthen Iowa's Middle School Band directors and their programs. The committee will accomplish this by providing meaningful educational opportunities to students and serving as a professional resource for directors.
ALL IOWA 8TH GRADE HONOR BAND CHAIR
(appointed from the committee)
3. Organize selection and ordering of the IBA Honor Band music and contract a guest
composer/conductor for the IBA Honor Band with input from the committee.
4. Organize the music and folders for the IBA Honor Band.
A. Send music and folders to district representatives for distribution to Honor
B. Collect and organize Honor Band member information from committee members.
C. Prepare information letters for Honor Band members.
5. Oversee arrangements with the guest composer/conductor regarding the following:
A. Selection of music.
B. Preparation of commissioned work.
C. Travel, hotel, and meal arrangements (coordinate this with the IBA President).
D. Receive Board of Directors approval when entering in to negotiations with guest composer/conductor.
6. Oversee final arrangements for the Honor Band performance at the IBA Conference including:
A. Correspond with the IBA Equipment Chair regarding equipment needs.
B. Oversee printing of programs for the Honor Band Concert.
C. Oversee printing of certificates for the Honor Band members. Chair the Honor Band Concert.
E. Chair the clinic given by the guest composer/conductor (when possible).
7. Submit annual financial report to the Board of Directors at the summer business meeting.
8. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.