(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee)
1. Submit reports at the IBA summer, fall, and conference business meetings.
2. Chair the annual elementary affairs meeting during the IBA Conference.
3. Give a list of ideas to the current IBA president of topics/clinics that would be beneficial to elementary band directors at the IBA Conference.
4. Contact district committee members during the year and discuss or work on projects.
5. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.
ELEMENTARY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
The mission of the IBA Elementary Affairs Committee is to provide resources for directors teaching first and second-year band students that enhance the capacity of sharing information and ideas for the purpose of providing comprehensive music education to beginning band students in Iowa.
Creation of a useful booklet, pamphlet or clinic with committee members for IBA elementary band directors for use in their classroom. (This may be done yearly, or at the committee's discretion.)
Be an advocate for elementary band.
Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3-year term. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.