(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee)
1. Organize and implement the Major Landers Scholarship program.
2. Send packet of information (cover letter, theory test, interview questions, entry blank) to Major Landers district chairperson.
3. Entry blank should be included in the IBA magazine fall issue.
4. District candidate's photo and bio must be received by March 1 and sent on to IBA
5. Select members from ML committee to listen to the auditions at the IBA Conference.
6. Acquire certificates and trophies for candidates from the IBA Secretary.
7. Audition process requires a warm-up room and a room with a piano. Candidates take a music theory test, sight read music, interview with committee, and perform a solo (need to supply 3 copies for judges).
8. Top three places receive cash award (currently $1000, $1500, $2000). Give a copy of the results to the IBA Treasurer.
9. Winner performs at the IBA Conference Banquet. Receives complimentary tickets and reserved table for self and guests (arrangements made by chairperson).
10. Chairperson will report on district finalists, introduce the winner, and give a brief bio at the IBA Conference banquet. Also should receive a complimentary banquet ticket.
11. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3 year term. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
12. Schedule and prepare an agenda for at least 2 meetings of the IBA Major Landers committee (All-State Music Festival and IBA Conference are recommended).
13. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.