RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee)
1. The committee shall meet during the annual conference. An additional meeting may be held the day of the biannual meeting in November. Any special meetings requiring travel reimbursement must be pre-approved by the IBA president. The chairperson is responsible for calling these meetings.
2. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3 year term. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
3. The committee surveys the membership regarding the status of band programs in the state of lowa. This is done on three year rotation -- high school, junior high/middle school, and elementary. The results of the annual survey are published in the summer issue of the lowa Bandmaster magazine. The chairperson shall see that the annual survey is completed and the results prepared for publication.
4. The committee is open to suggestions from the IBA membership for curriculum development projects. The chairperson shall see that these suggestions are brought to the committee for discussion. When adopted as a project, the chairperson shall see that the project is followed through to completion.
5. Create and maintain a resource folder for the IBA website listing links or articles on “Best Teaching Practices or Techniques”.
6. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.